It has come to our attention that after creating tasks from imported line or polygon features with TerraFlex InSphere, the features can show up distorted and not accurate on the mobile app. The photo below shows the comparison between the InSphere platform on the left and the mobile app on the right.
Through some investigation, we found that shapefiles that contain MultiLineString or MultiPolygonString geometry aren’t supported by Terraflex. If you simplify the geometry of these features in Esri first, it will fix the issue.
We used the ArcMAP Geoprocessing tool ‘Multipart to single part’ to do this.
The line work displayed correctly BUT the overall number of features increased to over 1000. This is because the tool takes every “split” between vertices of the multi-part feature and converts it to a separate feature.
You cannot have more than 1,000 form features in a single task in TerraFlex, so you will need to split this up into multiple tasks. This will no be an issue for the majority of TerraFlex users, but it is good to know! If you have any questions, please email or call us!