For $129 per unit plus shipping, ensure that there are no latent maintenance/repair issues before that handheld goes into the field.
MAP-IT (Maintenance And Prevention integrated Tune-up) is a 19- point annual inspection program that will ensure that latent issues are tested for, and hopefully will allow us to capture and resolve issues proactively for all Trimble MGIS Field Tools.
- We MAP-IT the following equipment:
- Trimble Geo XH/XT/XM 6000 Series
- Trimble Geo XH/XT/XM 2008/3000 Series
- Trimble Geo XH/XT/XM 2005 Series
- Trimble Pro XH/XT Receivers
- Trimble Data Collection, Ranger, and Recon
- Trimble GPS Pathfinder ProXRT
- Trimble Yuma table
- Juno Series
- Trimble Nomad 800 and 900
What Does MAP-IT Inspection Include?
- Ensure that the Satellite view screen is open and allows the unit to track SV’s.
- Ensure that a position can be generated and that the SNR of the available SV are adequate.
- Check the external antenna. Verify that the external antenna connect message appears.
- Check and Upgrade Operation System to the latest version.
- Calibrate the touch screen. Touch screen operation is normal.
- Ensure that navigation through the various screens is normal.
- Check and Upgrade the Firmware to the latest version.
Charging & Battery Inspection
- Verification that the main battery power displays “charging” when placed in cradle.
- Check System report for detailed battery information, such as temperature and calibration.
- Check the battery. Drain the Battery by 10%; verify the unit is charging back to 100%.
- Visually inspect the battery for damage; specifically check the battery flex connector.
- Check for cracks or any physical or structural damage.
- Wipe clean the outer surface of the unit. Clean the copper small round electrical connectors in the back.
- Open the unit and toque all screws to their specifications, includes the Basket, Bucket, lower housing and Bezel.
- Confirm that the unit communicates using Microsoft ActiveSync.
SD Card Test (2005 and 2008 only)
- Audio test: This test evaluates both the microphone and speaker.
- Keypad test: This test evaluates each key on keypad.
- Display: Allow the user to view all pixels of the LCD in a range of colors to ensure all function properly.
- Total Power off: This test evaluates the ability of the unit to be reset.